Unsure items in my tank

Drummingbaker2010

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0655.jpg
IMG_0657.jpg

Does anyone know what these are? I think the stuff on the left is Spirobid worms, but I'm not entirely sure what possible type of algae might be in the larger fingerprint looking spot in the picture on the right. If anyone happens to know, I'd greatly appreciate your input.

Hoodstream

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first picture IMO looks like harmless filter feeding worms. They’re on my torchlights base and on some of my hermit shells and have never been an issue. Even got some rock covered in them. The second picture no idea. Maybe a flatworm?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

Drummingbaker2010

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first picture IMO looks like harmless filter feeding worms. They’re on my torchlights base and on some of my hermit shells and have never been an issue. Even got some rock covered in them. The second picture no idea. Maybe a flatworm?
good to know. If it was to be a flatworm, should I get rid of it? what is the best way to do so?

Upvote 0

Hoodstream

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good to know. If it was to be a flatworm, should I get rid of it? what is the best way to do so?
Manual removal and siphoning. There is also fish you can get that will eat them like a six line and yellow wrasse. You can also lower nutrients in tank.

Upvote 0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back