Up date

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank has been up and running for 17 days out of 14 fish two died one chromis got caught on my wave maker . Was told he must have been sick . I think that was true no other Chromis has been caught in it . My Nasso was always hiding. One day about the time diatoms hit my tank he stopped eating . The next day he was a gon
20210224_145626.jpg
er. Replaced him with a one spot fox face he is doing well . He doesn't hide anymore . Replaced one of my heaters with a ehime 300 watt it is very long . Was not to worried about putting so many fish in at one time . My rock was in a trash can for 3 months with a dead shrimp in and out the whole time. I did not have a ammonia spike or Nitrites it went right to nitrates witch is at 2.5 right now.been doing 10 gallons a week water changes . Diatoms are starting to fade . Put in 3 16 oz. Bottles of pods . Soon as diatoms are gone going to seed coraline algea.have I missed any thing?

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your fish loss, did you cycle the aquarium correctly? Tank looks great by the way!

OP
OP
Screwgunner

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cycled the rock for 3 months with store bought . Ammonia made it to 4 dropped and nitrites went up then my nitrates went up to 15 changed out all the water . Nitrates made it to 5 changed water the last time . Left alone for a week then put the rock in my tank . Put in a dottle of dr. Tims and a bottle of biospera . And through some fish in.

OP
OP
Screwgunner

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right on. Prob a hard cycle. Looks good! I like bare bottoms! No trousers here.
D
My last 2 trys with sand .first was hair algea battle then the 6 way plug in caught fire. 2 nd red flat worms. Going to be a lot more careful this time around.

Back