OP
OP
jason.tammy

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is one overall shot.Tammy will put some more on later as my cpu skills are not to good.LOL

OP
OP
jason.tammy

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need all the help I can get.My camera is not that great and niether am I with using it.LOL

OP
OP
jason.tammy

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures

1.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg

Sorry for the delay folks, work has been getting in the way of my quality R2R surfing time.

Tammy

OP
OP
jason.tammy

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I should have turned the flash off.It washed alot of the colors out.Me and camera's dont get along.I just took those on a whim and some turned out decent.I have really like how the pvc frame buid has colored in and no more rock slides.whoohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
General tips for tank shots-

Make sure there is plenty of light in the room. If the tank is the brightest thing in the room, it's harder to get a good shot.

If taking large range shots (not close ups), you might find it easier to use the sport setting until you get more familiar with camera settings (or on lenses with no image stabilization). The camera should snap the shot a lot faster (aperture open for short period), giving better shots. Having plenty of ambient lighting is key. Being on a sport setting, it can sometimes focus off of your target, but the beauty of digital is you can just delete those you don't want and work with the others.

Turning off the flow helps get clearer shots, too, especially on close ups. If I'm using the macro lens, I use AV function, a tripod, and a remote switch. Can be frustrating, but when you get a few decent shots in 100, you start to feel better;).

Post processing is really helpful in making them look more like they look to your eye, especially until you get used to finding the right settings from histograms and making adjustments. I use Photoshop and start with the Auto Correct Levels option. Sometimes, that takes it too far, so you can choose, Edit-->Fade Auto Levels and pull the dial back until it doesn't pop off the screen. Different lighting requires different settings IME, so under some lighting you may not see much change on Auto Level Correction, while others can really pull a shot from the grave. After I'm happy with the representation in the picture, I File-->Save for Web and resize to 1080 or something similar. Then it's ready for uploading.

OP
OP
jason.tammy

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You over estemate my tech. skills.I do good to answer emails and the camera is just a $85 digital.My phone does good but since its new I have not mastered getting them on to the cpu from it.I know it can but there is some operator troubles.LOL.Practice,practice,practice.The colors in the corals have really came around sine the reactors are back on line and changed to some better bulbs and all corals have settled in.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 57 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.8%
Back