UP39 Sumpro Sump by Skimz

ZJedi945

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just was delivered an awesome big box from UPS today. Last Friday I ordered a UP39 Sump by skimz after talking with a guy at my LFS. I went in wanting to get a trigger system ruby or emerald for my new 120gal build I am doing, but after looking at the features and the price I went with Skimz. Plus all white acrylic looks BA in my own opinion. :cool:

When I first saw the box I was like did I order another tank by mistake?! I mean it is huge! The sump itself is 39x15x15, so it isn't for a nano. After getting it finally inside and the box open I was awestruck again. Just the quality of the thing is awesome. No bubbles that I can see in any of the seams. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. After I ordered it I started to look around, there is really not too much out there on these.

IMG_4491.JPG

IMG_4493.JPG

Last edited:

level16gazebo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hate to necropost, and this is probably a long shot - do you have shots of the other sides of the box? Thinking about ordering one and want to know what the box looks like - don't want to give away the surprise - if I can cover one or two faces, that might be workable.

OP
OP
ZJedi945

ZJedi945

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is another photo. Just to give to a heads up.... I would NOT buy this sump again. It has great features don't get me wrong.... but it has one thing that really drives me crazy. So the door that you use to adjust the height in the sump it works great but it can let bubbles through. Also since the door is sooo small the water flows with a lot of force so you get more noise than you should.

I have been toying with the idea of putting in a trigger system or making my own since I have a means to do that now. A ton of things can change in a year. :p If you are close to Pittsburgh I will sell it to you if you want. :p

IMG_4513.JPG

cap232

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i know this is a old post but do you still have the sump. I was thinking on buying one
thanks

cap232

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out the post right before yours.... that is my update on it. Do not buy it the price is right but to me it's not worth it.

Ok thanks if you find a new sump let me know if your going to sell it. Im about 2 hrs from pitts.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 124 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back