Update to Brightwell Aquatics Management and Magnesion P Guaranteed Analysis

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was discussed today deep in another thread, but since most people won't see that, I thought I'd repost it here.

I have long had issues with certain incorrect info on the Brightwell Aquatics web site.

Most glaringly, the Guaranteed Analysis for Magnesion P (43% magnesium) is not even close to the real value (25.5% magnesium or less) based on the ingredients they use

Well, I finally contacted Brightwell Tech Service about the issue with this info:

For many years now, you've had serious errors on your Magnesion P web site description, including the Guaranteed Analysis being way off. It simply cannot be 43% magnesium or have the magnesium boost per gram added that you claim based on the ingredients you add.

You use anhydrous magnesium chloride (25.5% magnesium) and anhydrous magnesium sulfate (20.2% magnesium). There is just no combination of these ingredients that can have more than 25.5% magnesium.

Especially since this is your guaranteed analysis, it would behoove you to five this before people start asking for refunds. It will also save me the trouble of continually explaining to people online why you have such strange claims.​

In response today, Jack Kent wrote that he had taken over Brightwell in July (I didn't know that) and he removed the guaranteed analysis from the web site this morning while he looks into the exact percentage.

Hopefully this will be a positive step for Brightwell.

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Randy for sharing this.
I also question their salt and claims.
I hope to see improvements in the near future for them.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 164 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back