Update to fish dying fast

tcorrell02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have come to the conclusion that it is velvet. Scopas started showing spots, so the tank is destroyed and all fish are in emergency quarantine with copper power. I hope the corals make it because the got quite the ride with us trying to catch 7 fish from 1 inch up to 4-5 inches.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have come to the conclusion that it is velvet. Scopas started showing spots, so the tank is destroyed and all fish are in emergency quarantine with copper power. I hope the corals make it because the got quite the ride with us trying to catch 7 fish from 1 inch up to 4-5 inches.
As long as no medication in with coral- they should hold well. On the velvet, run the copper power at 2.25 up to 2.5 therapuetic level at 80 degrees for a FULL 30 days monitored by a reliable copper test kit such as Hanna Brand (no api brand). Although these cysts may appear as tiny white dots the size of a grain of salt, like the first sign of Saltwater Ich or White Spot Disease, velvet differs from types of ich is that at this point the fish have the appearance of being coated with what looks like a whiteor tan to golden colored, velvety-like film, given the name Velvet Disease.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good luck - as @Jay Hemdal said - it was probably the only thing that made complete sense - though a little odd

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back