Upgrade help

chimbo84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I am working on upgrading from my Evo 13.5 and am looking for a 48" tank in the 100gal range because I want to get a yellow tang.

I was originally looking at this setup to get just the rock and ATO.

However, despite being advertised as 75gal, I kept looking at the tank and stand which appear to be in pretty good condition from the pics. I asked him what the dimensions were and he stated that its 49x21.25x19.5 which by my math comes out to roughly a 90gal tank. Does that seem right? If thats correct, this would be ideal dimensions for where I want to put it. I have tried verifying these dimensions but cannot find a tank that lists this specification.

Also, I am not afraid of doing a little DIY to black out the back panel and drill for an external overflow so if this works out, it would be a win-win because then I would have funds to spend on upgrading the sump to a filter roller and getting nicer lights and powerheads.

Last edited:

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Defiantly 90 US gallons. Mine is 48 by 24 by 18. and is a 90. 90 US is 75 Imperial gallons

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am working on upgrading from my Evo 13.5 and am looking for a 48" tank in the 100gal range because I want to get a yellow tang.

I was originally looking at this setup to get just the rock and ATO.

However, despite being advertised as 75gal, I kept looking at the tank and stand which appear to be in pretty good condition from the pics. I asked him what the dimensions were and he stated that its 49x21.25x19.5 which by my math comes out to roughly a 90gal tank. Does that seem right? If thats correct, this would be ideal dimensions for where I want to put it. I have tried verifying these dimensions but cannot find a tank that lists this specification.

Also, I am not afraid of doing a little DIY to black out the back panel and drill for an external overflow so if this works out, it would be a win-win because then I would have funds to spend on upgrading the sump to a filter roller and getting nicer lights and powerheads.
Hello. I have a 91 gallon tank from RedSea. Already comes with plumbing and sump area. Comes with AI Prime LED light and tank arm mount, Sicce Syncra SDC 3.0 return pump, reef mesh cover, protein skimmer body and cup, heater, wave maker, 100lbs of live rock, and 2 boxes of brand new unopened supplies I was never able to use. Are you interested?

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back