Upgrade Path?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

thejuggernaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read the article you posted about upgrading the MP40s. I have an original and a Ecosmart. My question is are the external motor blocks the same for the new quiet drive models. I know they look different, but if I were to upgrade the wetsides now, then the drivers in a month or so, would I essentially have (same flow output and noise level) of buying new QD models?

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey thejuggernaut Without the Dryside upgrade you will not get the increased flow, by simply upgrading the QD Driver and WetSide. You will, however, get the increased efficiency, noise reduction, and durability by switching the Driver and WetSide.

Increased flow (MP40wQD) will only come from the addition of a MP40wQD DrySide. Although, if you are happy with your current flow amount and are more concerned with decreased noise, the Driver upgrade is for you! And only at a cost of $75!!

Upgrading all three pieces of your MP40wES will be $349, which is the exact cost of a brand new MP40wQD. Upgrading the WWD will cost $473, MORE than a brand new MP40wQD....

Check out the "Upgrades" page from EcoTech Marine
Upgrades « EcoTech Marine Store

And the QD Information Packet (pg. 10-11) for upgrade performance information.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/blog/QD_Information_Packet.pdf/at_download/file

Hope this helps. :)

Randy
EcoTech Product Test Team

OP
OP
thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I wanted to know. I will probably just buy new ones if that is the route I go.

OP
OP
thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @thejuggernaut Without the Dryside upgrade you will not get the increased flow, by simply upgrading the QD Driver and WetSide. You will, however, get the increased efficiency, noise reduction, and durability by switching the Driver and WetSide.

Increased flow (MP40wQD) will only come from the addition of a MP40wQD DrySide. Although, if you are happy with your current flow amount and are more concerned with decreased noise, the Driver upgrade is for you! And only at a cost of $75!!

Upgrading all three pieces of your MP40wES will be $349, which is the exact cost of a brand new MP40wQD. Upgrading the WWD will cost $473, MORE than a brand new MP40wQD....

Check out the "Upgrades" page from EcoTech Marine
Upgrades « EcoTech Marine Store

And the QD Information Packet (pg. 10-11) for upgrade performance information.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/blog/QD_Information_Packet.pdf/at_download/file

Hope this helps. :)

Randy
EcoTech Product Test Team

Did you mean $373? Why would it be $120 more to upgrade the WWD over the ES? My plan was to upgrade them slowly over time to get all the benfits without having to spend $700 at once. I don't mind if it ends up being the same price or maybe a little bit more, but not $120 more per unit. Plus my wetsides are getting old and need replacing right now anyways. I was going to upgrade those first, but can't find the new QD wetsides online anywhere.

Last edited:

Jay6363

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much of an upgrade would it be from the original? is it worth it?

OP
OP
thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are doing it all at once, then no. But if you want to stretch it out a little to pay for it over time, then yes. Although it will be the same if not a little more to upgrade each piece slowly.

nwkermit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sell your old one and buy a new one. You can still get $200+ for the old one. Sell both and add $350 and you have 2 new quite drive

Back