Upgraded filter pump for Fluval Flex 32.5

BlueFish1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting to notice that the flowrate of the pump that's included with the tank isn't all that great. I believe I saw somewhere that the flowrate is roughly 200gph, and I want to improve that.

Given the small footprint you have with the pump, the choices are limited. I'm looking for a solid improvement that will fit in that slot, without breaking the bank. I'm getting ready to clean out the area where the pump sits, and would rather replace it than just put the same one back in.

One suggestion I found was this: Sicce Syncra 1.5 Aquarium Pump, 357gph, but wondering if anyone has any experience with other pumps, maybe something with a higher flow rate that still fits. I also have the PS1 skimmer in the same spot

Sajacobs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting to notice that the flowrate of the pump that's included with the tank isn't all that great. I believe I saw somewhere that the flowrate is roughly 200gph, and I want to improve that.

Given the small footprint you have with the pump, the choices are limited. I'm looking for a solid improvement that will fit in that slot, without breaking the bank. I'm getting ready to clean out the area where the pump sits, and would rather replace it than just put the same one back in.

One suggestion I found was this: Sicce Syncra 1.5 Aquarium Pump, 357gph, but wondering if anyone has any experience with other pumps, maybe something with a higher flow rate that still fits. I also have the PS1 skimmer in the same spot
Did you manage to swap out the pump?

Sajacobs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did! The largest I was able to get to fit properly was the Sicce 1.5. Tried the 2.0, but was too large. Its about a 100gph boost on the original.
Thank you I bought the 1.5 could not believe the difference between the two!

Rlaniew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you I bought the 1.5 could not believe the difference between the two!

I did! The largest I was able to get to fit properly was the Sicce 1.5. Tried the 2.0, but was too large. Its about a 100gph boost on the original.
Did either of you have heating problems with your tank? I'm just now cycling tank and with the pump and a wavemaker running my temp stays around 78....thats without the skimmer or lights and the heater turned off so I'm worried once I have them running I'm going to get too warm, so I was thinking maybe a better pump might not put off as much heat or at the vary least give me better flow

Sajacobs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi tbh I'm not using the back chamber anymore I am in the throws of removing it! I have a aquarium that is set up as a sump. I couldn't get along with the fluval skimmer so I got a tunz and that wasn't good either! So a sump was needed for a full skimmer! Heater is in the sump so no temperature problems! But I use the fluval eheaters I think that's what they are called I use them in all my tanks! Touch wood never had on break on me! Hope this helps!!

Jimmy Elder

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi tbh I'm not using the back chamber anymore I am in the throws of removing it! I have a aquarium that is set up as a sump. I couldn't get along with the fluval skimmer so I got a tunz and that wasn't good either! So a sump was needed for a full skimmer! Heater is in the sump so no temperature problems! But I use the fluval eheaters I think that's what they are called I use them in all my tanks! Touch wood never had on break on me! Hope this helps!!
Did you drill the tank for a sump?

Aquarium Hobbyist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also trying to upgrade my return pump for this Fluval Flex 32.5 tank.

Was your issue in getting the sicce 2.0 to fit because of the size of the protein skimmer?

I’m also planning on using the Fluval PS1 skimmer but would like to use the sicce 2.0-3.0 series as my return pump replacing the stock Fluval pump that comes with the tank.

Thanks for any info.

oliverandcharms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also trying to upgrade my return pump for this Fluval Flex 32.5 tank.

Was your issue in getting the sicce 2.0 to fit because of the size of the protein skimmer?

I’m also planning on using the Fluval PS1 skimmer but would like to use the sicce 2.0-3.0 series as my return pump replacing the stock Fluval pump that comes with the tank.

Thanks for any info.
Have you managed to come up with a solution to this? I'm looking at a few other forums that mention the Sicce Syncra 3.0 fits even with a protein skimmer, thread: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/my-little-girls-first-reef-tank-fluval-sea-flex-32-5g.865406/

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back