Upgraded media basket or skimmer

  • Thread starter Thread starter dugan127
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dugan127

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 5, 2014
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a JBJ 28 gal and am trying to decide between a InTank media basket or a Tunze DOC 9001 Nano skimmer or another model someone might suggest. We can only fit one of them and was wondering what peoples opinions on each were.
[h=1][/h]
 
I personally would go for the skimmer then. A new filter basket would be nice but I think the one that comes with it works well enough for that size tank.

-Nick
 
Hmm I would look at a different skimmer then. I know I had an aqua c remora skimmer running on my nano 28. I also had an upgraded in tank media basket.

-Nick
 
I have a 28 and use a aqua c hob and in tank basket. It's tight to fit a return pump and skimmer pump in one chamber but it works.
 
Chaetomorpha, seaweed and mangrove are best for filtration amonia remover easy in natural way of habitat. Most common ways we use here in the philippines.marine bio diversity here are abondant.
 
I found the tiny skimmers to be basically inadequate and unreliable.

I'd much rather go with chemipure and purigen or some chaeto.
 
I have the aquamaxx hob 1 on the left chambers and my media basket. Also extra pump in left side for chiller and ato, heater, gfo reactor on right Chambers.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new