Upgraded Return Pump Questions

Jgill70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Good morning all. I ungraded the return pump on my Waterbox Marine X 60.2 to a Sicce SDC 6.0 and have a few questions. Can I use the mode function on the return pump to create different water currents or should I just leave it in constant mode. Since installing the new pump and having a lot more flow my protein skimmer foam has increased so much I had to lower the water level in it. Is this because the increased flow has more water entering the sump that other wise was staying in the main display?

Snoopy 67

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're pushing more water into the skimmer so you have to lower the water level.
As far as a different mode. It could cause a variation in water levels causing more trouble than it's worth. it's something you would have to experiment with.

OP
OP
J

Jgill70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You're pushing more water into the skimmer so you have to lower the water level.
As far as a different mode. It could cause a variation in water levels causing more trouble than it's worth. it's something you would have to experiment with.
The water level in the sump has not changed, so the skimmer is at the same level as the prior pump.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back