Upgraded tank, moving, and stocking options

Bunnyspit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fiancee and I just bought 125 gal tank to replace our 55gal. Right now it's being held by the LFS and after we cycle it all the fish are being moved to it. Right now its
Valentini puffer
Cowfish (the whole reason we upsized)
Ghost ribbon eel
2 blue dartfish
Filefish
Two spot goby
Spotted female mandarin
Blue mandarin
Flame hawkfish
Midas blenny
Clownfish

We dont really have a cuc so I kinda need recommendations.

Could we add more fish? how fast or slow should we add our fish? And in any specific order?

Were trying to get rid of the 55gal asap so that theres only one tank in the front room. Thanks :)

wesman42

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fiancee and I just bought 125 gal tank to replace our 55gal. Right now it's being held by the LFS and after we cycle it all the fish are being moved to it. Right now its
Valentini puffer
Cowfish (the whole reason we upsized)
Ghost ribbon eel
2 blue dartfish
Filefish
Two spot goby
Spotted female mandarin
Blue mandarin
Flame hawkfish
Midas blenny
Clownfish

We dont really have a cuc so I kinda need recommendations.

Could we add more fish? how fast or slow should we add our fish? And in any specific order?

Were trying to get rid of the 55gal asap so that theres only one tank in the front room. Thanks :)
You will want to gradually introduce fish from the 55 into the 125. By gradually, I mean 1-2 fish per week or couple weeks. Once all the fish are transferred from the 55, you can evaluate your nutrient levels. If you're able to easily control them, and the biological filtration is mature, then you can add more fish. However, this would be a several month long process and I'd recommend keeping the 55 to use as a quarantine tank.

OP
OP
Bunnyspit

Bunnyspit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a 30gal in our room used as a quarantine for the moment, and the 55gal would never fit in our room. Do you have any idea what we should have as a cuc for the 125?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back