Upgraded to 2 Kessil A360X

SENOREIDA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have tried to be a "budget reefer" since getting into the hobby almost 18 months ago. I bought a cheap 70 gallon tank off of craigslist that came with what I can tell through google was a "LCD Timer 36" 234w 6x39w Fluorescent Actinic T5 Ho Aquarium Light Fixture Marine". It was an absolute piece of junk, but it took me over a year to figure that out. I was having good water chemistry, but could not keep corals, and the colors of the colors I was able to keep were not that attractive. About a month ago when attempting to change a lightbulb, I broke off a couple of the bulb pins, eliminating 2 of the 6 lights. Frustrated, and knowing my wife and I should upgrade, we decided on the A360Xs, and let me tell you, it is crazy how fast the corals have regrown, that were almost bleached, and the vibrant colors that have shown up. Especially in my hammer coral! I know, I am still new and no where near as experienced as 95% of the people on this forum, but just had to share my testimonial. Before a month ago I became, pretty discouraged, and was starting to rethink my idea of having a reef tank.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have tried to be a "budget reefer" since getting into the hobby almost 18 months ago. I bought a cheap 70 gallon tank off of craigslist that came with what I can tell through google was a "LCD Timer 36" 234w 6x39w Fluorescent Actinic T5 Ho Aquarium Light Fixture Marine". It was an absolute piece of junk, but it took me over a year to figure that out. I was having good water chemistry, but could not keep corals, and the colors of the colors I was able to keep were not that attractive. About a month ago when attempting to change a lightbulb, I broke off a couple of the bulb pins, eliminating 2 of the 6 lights. Frustrated, and knowing my wife and I should upgrade, we decided on the A360Xs, and let me tell you, it is crazy how fast the corals have regrown, that were almost bleached, and the vibrant colors that have shown up. Especially in my hammer coral! I know, I am still new and no where near as experienced as 95% of the people on this forum, but just had to share my testimonial. Before a month ago I became, pretty discouraged, and was starting to rethink my idea of having a reef tank.
I like mine too, you have the controller as well?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back