Upgrading 40b from viparspectra to hydra 26s

SoggyNW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been thinking about upgrading my viparspectra 300 to hydra 26s for a while. The tank is a mixed reef. As far as lighting requirements go I have a little bit of everything. Tuesday a trio popped up on Facebook and I grabbed them up for a smoking good price. But after looking a round the forum I still have questions.

1). I've looked around the forum and it seems that 2 fixtures is recommended. would you install all 3 of them at a lower setting or just go with 2 and save the 3rd for something else?

2). I see people mentioning sharing light settings/schedules. Do I have to get those setting files directly from other users or is there a place to download them.

3). Acclimation. I really have no idea what kind of par I'm currently putting out. I turned up the lights slowly untill everyone looked happy and then left it be. What would be the best way acclimate my tank to the new lights?

4). With ramping, can I run the lights longer and ramp slowly so I can enjoy the tank longer? I currently run my lights from 10am-8pm for the blue channel and noon-6 white channel.

Recent tank shot for vusuals

PXL_20201130_031542044.jpg

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Start with 2 fixtures and if you think 3 will give better coverage then go for the third!

2. Ai has presets you can download on their website https://www.aquaillumination.com/lightsciences/signature-series

3. Best way would be to rent a par meter (I think brs rents them out). Other than that just start low and ramp them up slowly

4. Yes you can absolutely have a longer schedule since your doing a ramp up and down now!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back