Upgrading a tank

Jaychevy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a aquatop 24 that's been running for almost a year. I got a good deal on a redsea170. Tank is going in the same room just different wall. My plan was to setup the new tank. I have to do it the same day because the pump heater and lights are all going on the 170. I was going to put all rock coral and fish in totes and buckets with the tank water. I was going ro do half and half new crushed coral. Clean the old though. Take the bio spheres and put them in mesh bags in the sump of the 170 with some new rock aswell. Then transfer rock coral fish and do a 50% water from old tank. Nitrates are like a 5. Sound like a decent plan. I have 1 thing I'm trying to plan out. I have a ton of GSP growing on the back glass which I like. I know I can get it off with a sharp razor blade. My question is what's the best method to get it to stick to the new tank on the back glass. I heard crazy glue just not sure because the flesh is wet? Anyway thoughts or pointers?

Mike konesky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plan looks good. You can just use frag glue for the gsp. Should stick just fine.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back