Upgrading from 10 to 20 Peninsula

Aaron Soliz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 5, 2017
Messages
451
Reaction score
215
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Nano Friends,

i would like some advise on the subject above. I’ll be moving in two months and I would like to put my pair of longfin clowns into a slightly bigger home. They are currently in a 10 gallon that has been set up for 9 months. Have it stable, corals are growing great… I just would like some extra space to add a small yellow corris wrasse. With that being said… what kind of precautions do i need to take when moving things over?

i was told to not to use the same sand but just to put new live sand and add the rock i have currently along with the saltwater i have in my 10 gallon cube. I was debating on letting my friend hold my clownfish pair along with a 4 head gold hammer since i know they can be a bit iffy when things switch up parameters wise. Would i need to add extra bacteria like fritz turbo 9000 to get the tank going again?

i will be making the other 10 gallons with the salt i use since i know the parameters will stay the same.

please share with me your thoughts :)

thannks
 
I would also use the filter media from the 10 on the 20.
 
I would also use the filter media from the 10 on the 20.
Correct! I need to buy a bigger custom caddy since my 10 gallon wouldn’t work. I probably will add a bit more matrix since i have more space to work with
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new