Upgrading my tank.

cloudc1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I have a three year old 34 gal red sea aquarium with a 20 gal sump/refugium. I am upgrading to a 120 Gal tank. I will be shutting down the old tank and canibolizing my old stuff. I f I move all the rock and sand from my old tank to the new tank. Will be adding more rock that I am cycling in the garage, and more live sand that I have purchased.
Is this basically a insta-tank, or should I go ahead and only move the new stuff keeping the old tank operation and do a full cycle on the new tank?

Thanks for and advice or subjections.

A sea K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went from 30 to 80 and it was pretty much insta-tank. Biggest caution would be not adding too much new livestock too fast and overpowering your biological filter as it is only geared for what you had in your 34 gal.

OP
OP
C

cloudc1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went from 30 to 80 and it was pretty much insta-tank. Biggest caution would be not adding too much new livestock too fast and overpowering your biological filter as it is only geared for what you had in your 34 gal.
Thank you very much!! that was my hope, and I will take your advice, let it run for at least a month or two before adding anything new.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back