Upgrading RODI

Proctor614

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 21, 2018
Messages
74
Reaction score
61
Location
Northern Illinois
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upgrading from 4 stage with water saver to 7 stage via Triple DI saver Kit . On the 4 stage, the second canister (carbon) went to the RO membrane then to the resin. Now with 2 carbon blocks, should I send the water through both of those before the RO membrane and move that output from there to the 3 stage Resin unit?
 
Doesn't it come connected correctly?

I have one coming in next week too.
 
Correct for the 4 stage standalone ( sediment - Carbon- RO- resin) but when adding an additional carbon with the upgrade I feel like I should do sediment - carbon - carbon - RO- resins.
 
Correct for the 4 stage standalone ( sediment - Carbon- RO- resin) but when adding an additional carbon with the upgrade I feel like I should do sediment - carbon - carbon - RO- resins.

You're exactly right. You'll want the water to flow through the system like this:

sediment > carbon 1 > carbon 2 > RO membrane > cation resin > anion resin > mixed bed resin.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 34 32.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new