Upgrading Tank Help

_cpate3_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The multiple tank syndrome is kicking in and the 30gallon upgrade to my 13 nano will be a great Christmas present to myself! Found a nice IM 30 gallon AIO lagoon on marketplace complete with light, filtration, and stand.

3 questions:
1 is stocking, for the 30 gallon I would transfer my 2 clowns, orchid dottyback, pistol shrimp and goby, and cleaner shrimp. One of my favorite fish is a Midas blenny as well as a mandarin dragonet (obviously added later). Would 6 fish be too many in a 30 gallon 35.5” long, 15” deep, 13” high.

2nd question is how should I go about moving the 30 gallon as I live in a dorm on the 3rd floor with no elevator. I was thinking setup my 13 gallon back at my house, move the fish to the 13, then I can take my time moving the 30.

3rd is any ideas on what I should convert my Fluval into? Any fun species tanks you can do in a 13 gallon?

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The multiple tank syndrome is kicking in and the 30gallon upgrade to my 13 nano will be a great Christmas present to myself! Found a nice IM 30 gallon AIO lagoon on marketplace complete with light, filtration, and stand.

3 questions:
1 is stocking, for the 30 gallon I would transfer my 2 clowns, orchid dottyback, pistol shrimp and goby, and cleaner shrimp. One of my favorite fish is a Midas blenny as well as a mandarin dragonet (obviously added later). Would 6 fish be too many in a 30 gallon 35.5” long, 15” deep, 13” high.

2nd question is how should I go about moving the 30 gallon as I live in a dorm on the 3rd floor with no elevator. I was thinking setup my 13 gallon back at my house, move the fish to the 13, then I can take my time moving the 30.

3rd is any ideas on what I should convert my Fluval into? Any fun species tanks you can do in a 13 gallon?
Sounds like you have the right idea for moving, just use a bucket to transfer the livestock as needed. Certainly don’t want to try moving a tank with any water in it! The 13g could be a perfect frag tank? Otherwise maybe let it be a clown and anemone tank, let BTAs overgrow it!!!

OP
OP
_cpate3_

_cpate3_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you have the right idea for moving, just use a bucket to transfer the livestock as needed. Certainly don’t want to try moving a tank with any water in it! The 13g could be a perfect frag tank? Otherwise maybe let it be a clown and anemone tank, let BTAs overgrow it!!!
That sounds like a good idea, however I’d want my clowns to be in my main tank! Maybe I could use it to culture pods or live food for a future mandarin?

Also would this be overstocked with:

2 clowns, Orange spotted watchman, orchid dottyback, Midas blenny, green mandarin dragonet

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds like a good idea, however I’d want my clowns to be in my main tank! Maybe I could use it to culture pods or live food for a future mandarin?

Also would this be overstocked with:

2 clowns, Orange spotted watchman, orchid dottyback, Midas blenny, green mandarin dragonet
Nope, that’s a lovely stocking list for a 30

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 107 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back