Upgrading Tank

Pred24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I’m upgrading my tank from the RS reefer 250 as I’ll be honest it was first ever tank and it’s full of mistakes and I’ve never had any luck with this tank (running for 14 months) and plus I’m upgrading to a 370l tank. The new tank will be in the exact same spot as the existing tank but with new rock apart from the odd couple with coral on. Fed up of aptaisia too.
I’ll be using new sand the caribsea alive along with transferring some of my filter media, all the equipment apart from the heater will be new. And I’ll use 50% of the old water. There’s only 2 wrasses and a chalk goby as had a nice bout of velvet... that’s been my luck. Any suggestions or advice? Thanks

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I’m upgrading my tank from the RS reefer 250 as I’ll be honest it was first ever tank and it’s full of mistakes and I’ve never had any luck with this tank (running for 14 months) and plus I’m upgrading to a 370l tank. The new tank will be in the exact same spot as the existing tank but with new rock apart from the odd couple with coral on. Fed up of aptaisia too.
I’ll be using new sand the caribsea alive along with transferring some of my filter media, all the equipment apart from the heater will be new. And I’ll use 50% of the old water. There’s only 2 wrasses and a chalk goby as had a nice bout of velvet... that’s been my luck. Any suggestions or advice? Thanks
If aiptasia is an issue you're trying to eliminate I wouldn't transfer anything from the existing tank. You could just be bringing it along

OP
OP
Pred24

Pred24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If aiptasia is an issue you're trying to eliminate I wouldn't transfer anything from the existing tank. You could just be bringing it along
I know it’s not the two rocks I’d transfer over ones encrusting nicely over it and I was doing a little Zia island I suppose I could remove the Frags as don’t think they’ve grown over the rock as of yet apart from one I’ve got no chance of removing. So that’s the first casualty sadly.

Back