Ups delayed my package with over 20 frags in it.

Nick Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
prone to flooding you say? Sounds like a great place to put your shipping hub! Great idea Fedex!

From what I understand, it isn't actual flooding that shuts them down, its the lightening. Anytime lightening is detected within 3 miles of the Fedex World Hub, the entire system, every scanner, conveyor, and trolley, comes to a screeching halt and the entire place stops until it passes.

So yes, anytime there is rain in the area, the whole place is prone to shut down.
Whole cow! I didn’t know this and that is scary! I can’t imagine if everything around me shut down every time lighting was within 3 miles I live in Florida so dang!

OP
OP
reefz

reefz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@reefz any updates?
Yeah so I contacted the vendor and apparently his "Policy" doesn't cover DOAs caused by shipping delays. Like what else would cause a DOA???(sarcasm) This ticked me off so I just told him to give me new frags or send a refund or else... haha jk. But in the end he was nice and sayd he would send me new frags if I covered the shipping. Only 4 of the frags survived so he'll send me the other 16 I ordered.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have to call or how do you do it?
Call/Text/Email the vendor before shipping. Get the address of the hub, and give it to the coral vendor/shipper and tell them you want your order shipped to the hub and held for pickup.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back