UPS Delivery Predicament

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what to make of the text message. My guess...it was delivered to the wrong house. The recipient looked up the sender and saw on their website that you have to 'save them' to file a claim, hence the text (is your phone number on the shipping label).

Also, check the tracking to see what it says. I'd be nearly positive the UPS driver wasn't the one who dropped it off. I doubt they'd want to put their job in jeopardy like that. They'd probably get in less trouble missing the delivery than sneaking to your house overnight and sending you a mysterious text message.

Make a claim with the sender, not UPS. In general, only the sender can file the claim. All you should ever have to do is tell the sender about the problem, it's on them to make good on it. The sender files the claim (at least IME). Also, as a sender, I can tell you, if you push hard enough, UPS will pull the GPS logs from the truck at the time of [supposed] delivery. I've had them do that in order to prove a delivery was made to the wrong address.

Also, I see on their website, they refuse to take responsibility for UPS being late, refuse to take responsibility for UPS mishandling your delivery and refuse to refund shipping costs if there's a shipping problem. That, in my mind, is a load of horse****. That's them not standing behind what they're selling. Now, I don't know if that's just something they say on their website as a blanket disclaimer but in reality will work with you to make things right.

Personally, if I wasn't "made whole" again within a week or two (a full refund, replacement products etc), I'd dispute the charge and let my credit card and corals anonymous fight it out.

I know tons of people order tons of corals online, but this is one of the main reasons I can't bring myself to do it. Between this an the prices often being double or triple what I see in my LFS, I'd much rather pick out live ones and have them in my tank 20 minutes later. Let the LFS buy them online and deal with the DOAs.
Pacific East Aquaculture will call you after delivery to see how things are going.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back