Urbanek's ADA Trio

NealH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you pm me the info of your guy that made the lids? I've been wanting to get one from artfully acrylic but the price is so high and the wait time is so long. And your tanks look awesome! Those helfrichis are so cool.
Thanks,
Neal

Sir Chris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is really aweomse and a MTS or 1 tank that's separated for fish type reasons. Inspired

OP
OP
urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you pm me the info of your guy that made the lids? I've been wanting to get one from artfully acrylic but the price is so high and the wait time is so long. And your tanks look awesome! Those helfrichis are so cool.
Thanks,
Neal
PM Sent - Thanks the kind words.

Nice tank. Keep us posted
Appreciate it.

This is really aweomse and a MTS or 1 tank that's separated for fish type reasons. Inspired
Thank you. I'm having fun with the system.

OP
OP
urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks amazing. I hadn't checked in for a week or two and the progress is amazing. I love the lids and I was also wondering if you wouldn't mind sending me a PM with the manufacturer.

Thanks! Appreciate the kind words. I will send the PM right over to you with Manny's name and number.

OP
OP
urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May 10th, 2017 - My Favorite Shots
One more compilation that I put together. I'm going to attempt to put small photo summaries like this together every few months to show the progression of the tank. This is kind of an extension of what I did with Project 365 but much less work and commitment. Here you have a FTS, FRS and a few of my better coral shots.

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May 10th, 2017 - My Favorite Shots
One more compilation that I put together. I'm going to attempt to put small photo summaries like this together every few months to show the progression of the tank. This is kind of an extension of what I did with Project 365 but much less work and commitment. Here you have a FTS, FRS and a few of my better coral shots.

I love how natural the tanks fit into the setting of your room. You'd never guess that there is plumbing and a large sump under that cabinet.

OP
OP
urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love how natural the tanks fit into the setting of your room. You'd never guess that there is plumbing and a large sump under that cabinet.

Choss - Appreciate that, as always, thanks for the view and comment.
One of my main goals for this build was to be able to use the existing cabinet which meant keeping the doors and drawers all function. Its really nice having a set of drawers right at the tanks. It's great for test kits, food, tools, etc.
Another thing that contributes to the natural look and IMO was key for the build was the shelf above the tanks with the lights built in.

MRRBW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a random accolade, but I was reading Mike Palleta's article Following the Masters and I couldn't stop to think that you should be on that list somewhere. Looking at all your reef builds and the successes you had with them and have with your current tank is top tiered. Add in the aesthetics of the environments where you place your aquariums and I see little argument placing you in that list. Keep up the great inspiring work and I look forward to more photos and seeing how you master your new setup.

OP
OP
urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife would love that my fish stuff is out of sight.. It definitely works well the way you have set it up.
Happy wife, happy life.

Just a random accolade, but I was reading Mike Palleta's article Following the Masters and I couldn't stop to think that you should be on that list somewhere. Looking at all your reef builds and the successes you had with them and have with your current tank is top tiered. Add in the aesthetics of the environments where you place your aquariums and I see little argument placing you in that list. Keep up the great inspiring work and I look forward to more photos and seeing how you master your new setup.
WOW! That is about all I can say to this comment. I've read both of those articles a few times, trying to glean from them some new learnings. The thought that someone would consider me in that category is amazing. Thanks for the kind words.

OP
OP
urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May 20th, 2017 - Photo Update
Not much change in the last week. Corals are certainly growing and encrusting but color is not awesome yet. Nutrient levels are very low (0 phos/0 nitr). Working on getting those up just a bit while keeping alk stable. Here are a few shots, on the coral shots I tried to get decent exposure of the skin of the corals to show some of the variation in the skin color. Thanks for looking.

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always my favorite thread to check in on. Great pics as always. Quick question, how are you liking the LEDs so far on this build? I'm in the process of going MH/T5 from LEDs so I'm curious to see your success with the hydras.

OP
OP
urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pics as always, looking good. :)
Thanks Najer!

It looks great and I love the pic... as always.
Many thanks for the view and comment.

Always my favorite thread to check in on. Great pics as always. Quick question, how are you liking the LEDs so far on this build? I'm in the process of going MH/T5 from LEDs so I'm curious to see your success with the hydras.
Thanks for the post. I can tell that the LEDs will work out just fine. I see my sps encrusting and showing growth. I'm not super happy with the color but I attribute that to my lack of nitrates right now. As I get the tank better seasoned and dial my nitrates in, I know the color will come. I've ran MH/T5 and that is a proven technique as a matter of fact, it will overcome a lot of weaknesses. However... It comes at a price which is heat. For me the lack of needing to cool the tank is too important for where I live (Phx)

Impressive as always!!! do u still have a link to ur old system build?
Thanks

Thanks! All of my old threads are still active here on NR. Go back a page or two and I actually linked to each one of them.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 31 29.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 23 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back