OP
OP
urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great. Do all three tanks have livestock in them at this point?
2 of the tanks have 2 fish - a clown fish and Yasha in one and Royal Gramma and a Starry Blenny in the other
1 of the tanks has 1 fish. - Cherub Angel

All of the tanks have a couple frags in each one. Progress but still a ways to go. :)

JohnnyCheats

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely amazing. I'd pay to read your threads. ;)

Does your starry blenny eat sand and poop it all over your tank? I had one for a bit then bought a blue spot and I just didn't want to chance a way so I gave him to a good friend. I bought him based on your old thread and pics - he was a good janitor but he drove me nuts pooping sand everywhere even tho I laughed half the time. You could see it in his belly.

Mattres

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the fact you've joined your love of reefs and reclaimed timber into one piece of art. Not only that they blend seamlessly from your great attention to detail and workmanship. Then to top it off the scapes work together to look like one piece of rock work.
It's something different done very well. I love it!

OP
OP
urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suspect the first new FTS will be amazing. Now get to it and get them stocked :)
Slow and steady...

Looks great!!
Thanks Bronc

Absolutely amazing. I'd pay to read your threads. ;)

Does your starry blenny eat sand and poop it all over your tank? I had one for a bit then bought a blue spot and I just didn't want to chance a way so I gave him to a good friend. I bought him based on your old thread and pics - he was a good janitor but he drove me nuts pooping sand everywhere even tho I laughed half the time. You could see it in his belly.
I'll send you my pay pal account, feel free to make deposits.

My last Starry was a bit of a sand sifter, my new one is a little guy and eats from the water column.

I love the fact you've joined your love of reefs and reclaimed timber into one piece of art. Not only that they blend seamlessly from your great attention to detail and workmanship. Then to top it off the scapes work together to look like one piece of rock work.
It's something different done very well. I love it!
Thanks for the kind words. You forgot one of my other hobbies which is photography. Its a fun combination to be able to bring all of them together.

OP
OP
urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
April 16th, 2017 - More Back Lighting Photos
I previously posted a couple phone shots of the back lighting. I took a few more shots tonight with the DSLR to show some of the color effects I can get with the back lighting.
In order; white, blue, yellow, green, orange, red
Thanks for looking.

Mebeknob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really enjoy the back lighting, very fun idea. The red looks like a sunset which as an interesting feeling looking through a reefscape. Loved your old tank too!

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about this build today as I am planning my build at the moment. I'm really intrigued by the attached lighting shelf as a way to hide the lighting. It wasn't clear to me if you added any wood to the top of the structure, or is it open and simply hidden by the front section and the height of the shelf? Also, can you remind me if your plumbing is schedule 40 or 80?

cFloor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just stumbled upon this thread and WOW! The thought and creativity that you put into this build is very admirable and inspiring. I'm looking forward to following along

OP
OP
urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really enjoy the back lighting, very fun idea. The red looks like a sunset which as an interesting feeling looking through a reefscape. Loved your old tank too!
Thanks for the kind words. The orange is one of my favorites in person. It has a sunrise effect to it.

That is so cool.
Thanks Bronc! :)

I was thinking about this build today as I am planning my build at the moment. I'm really intrigued by the attached lighting shelf as a way to hide the lighting. It wasn't clear to me if you added any wood to the top of the structure, or is it open and simply hidden by the front section and the height of the shelf? Also, can you remind me if your plumbing is schedule 40 or 80?
The top is finished in the same reclaimed lumber that the rest of the tank and shelf is done in. Plumbing was done with all materials from BRS. I know the fittings are Schd 80 but I'm not sure about their colored PVC. If I had to guess I'd say the pipe is Sched 40.

I just stumbled upon this thread and WOW! The thought and creativity that you put into this build is very admirable and inspiring. I'm looking forward to following along
Glad you found me. Thanks for the kind words.

Mebeknob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats your favorite lens when taking pictures of fish and coral inside the tank? How about FTS?

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow....I'm blown away by these photos. So I'm curious - have you finalized your livestock plans for each tank? I'ld love to hear a bit about what we can expect over the next few months.

OP
OP
urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow....I'm blown away by these photos. So I'm curious - have you finalized your livestock plans for each tank? I'ld love to hear a bit about what we can expect over the next few months.

Choss - I've finalized that I will have coral and fish in all 3 aquariums. :)
Each tank will be more similar than they are different. SPS in all 3 with a few LPS and softies to add movement and interest for those that don't know reefing. As it stands right now, the left tank has an ORA Neon Goby and a Cherub Angel. The middle tank has a Starry Blenny and a Royal Gramma. The right tank has a pair of clowns and a Yasha/Shrimp pair. I have plans to add a Red Rooster Wasp Fish (order and waiting for shipment). I will also be adding a Pygmy Wrasse and a pair of Firefish at some point. Flaming Prawn Gobies are on the short list. The rest, I will wing. :) I really want a nice collection of Acans which I could never do with my angels. I can now accomplish both. :)

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Choss - I've finalized that I will have coral and fish in all 3 aquariums. :)
Each tank will be more similar than they are different. SPS in all 3 with a few LPS and softies to add movement and interest for those that don't know reefing. As it stands right now, the left tank has an ORA Neon Goby and a Cherub Angel. The middle tank has a Starry Blenny and a Royal Gramma. The right tank has a pair of clowns and a Yasha/Shrimp pair. I have plans to add a Red Rooster Wasp Fish (order and waiting for shipment). I will also be adding a Pygmy Wrasse and a pair of Firefish at some point. Flaming Prawn Gobies are on the short list. The rest, I will wing. :) I really want a nice collection of Acans which I could never do with my angels. I can now accomplish both. :)

Basically, its a Nano fantasy - I really love this idea of creating these mini dioramas next to each other. I googled the Red Rooster Wasp Fish as I had never heard of this fish. What a stunning beauty! Can't wait to see how these tanks mature.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Man! Everything is looking great!!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 23.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back