Urchin bioload

  • Thread starter Thread starter redrager
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

redrager

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 25, 2021
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Location
washington
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what’s their bioload like? If I wanted to do an “urchin reef” that was just live rock and a bunch of urchins in a relatively small tank would that be fine assuming I was actively feeding them? Are their space requirements more about grazing room or active bioload?
 
Hmm, is there a way to dose for maximum algae production?
 
Or you could feed them Nori.
 
Mine turn into a turbo poop machine when I target feed nori, popping about about 1 poop granules every 2-3 second, I'm actually amazed how they appear to produce more waste stuff than what goes into them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new