Urchin eating clam?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shawn4455
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Shawn4455

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 24, 2019
Messages
211
Reaction score
59
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ever heard of a urchin eating clam? Ive had the clam for a few months now, seems to be doing good and I was moving the clam and I noticed spikes on the bottom near the rock it has attached to, anyone know?

261109088_4810986815625208_2849447042534019340_n.jpg
 
Won’t eat clam but if it got stuck on clam- will drop its spines as it is not capable of pulling them out
 
So nothing to worry about?
Should not
Keep an eye on clam and try to remove one of the spines
If it comes out easily, remove the rest
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new