Urchin Emergency

  • Thread starter Thread starter Leone
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Leone

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 24, 2025
Messages
12
Reaction score
13
Location
milano
What state or country do you live in
Hawaii
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this urchin but it ate a snail and was attaching itself to the starfish what can I do?

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
An Urchin is not capable of eating a live snail.
That looks to be a type of Variegated Urchin. The Urchin will attempt to place items such as snail shells, frags, algae on the top of it's self for UV protection.
The feeding strategies of Linkia Starfish can be problematic in anything less than a very large and established system.

20250314_092338.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new