Urchins in a 20 gal?

AN0N41

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 7, 2022
Messages
36
Reaction score
16
Location
Santa Monica
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I buy a long spined urchin to go in my 20 gal with 2 clownfish? Is it overstocking it? Will the spikes harm the fish? Sorry, I'm a noobie
 
No, don't do this. Your clownfish will be fine; your hands will not.

If you're going to get an urchin in a nano tank, stick with tuxedos. They're quite hardy and it's safe to pick them up with your bare hands.
 
The spines get long. I have a pencil urchin in a 15 cube, not too big. I'd go pencil or tuxedo. but it may need to be fed from time to time too.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 15.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new