Urgent: Apex Feed Cycle A automatically turning on

DavidJTawil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My apex seems to be triggering the feed cycle A every 45 seconds automatically. Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this?

Please see video below:

Any and all guidance is greatly appreciated.

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My apex seems to be triggering the feed cycle A every 45 seconds automatically. Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this?

Please see video below:

Any and all guidance is greatly appreciated.

Your video isn’t showing up for me.

I don’t have any technical advice, but I’d suggest hitting up the Neptune Systems community forum. There are a couple of users who are extremely knowledgable and helpful over there.

OP
OP
D

DavidJTawil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your video isn’t showing up for me.

I don’t have any technical advice, but I’d suggest hitting up the Neptune Systems community forum. There are a couple of users who are extremely knowledgable and helpful over there.

Please see the YouTube link below:

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Please see the YouTube link below:

Weird. It’s either a glitch/bug, or there’s something triggering that feed mode - which I am not aware is possible. So I’m leaning toward a bug.

What do you have assigned to it?

Until you get it figured out, set Feed A to 1 second, and remove any references to Feed A in your other programming.

OP
OP
D

DavidJTawil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I tried rebooting the apex and i removed all references to feed A.

RussM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a COR? The right button on the COR driver will activate or deactivate FeedA. If that button is depressed continuously, it will do what you describe... constant cycling of FeedA. Check that something is not pressing against the button.

If this is not the case, then try disconnecting the COR driver from Aquabus (if a COR20) or 1LINK (if a COR15) for a few minutes to see if the FeedA cycling stops. It's unlikely, but possible that a problem with the internal button switch or other part of the driver could cause this.

OP
OP
D

DavidJTawil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bingo!!

I have three Cor20 pumps and the one connected to my mixing station was the problem.

I have the controller mounted on the side of the mixing station. I filled up the mixing tanks today and it appears the polypropylene lost some of its rigidity and was expanding outwards enough to depress the buttons on the COR.

Thank you very much!!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back