OP
OP
Mr_Banana_Pants

Mr_Banana_Pants

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't talking about abs, I was talking about CPVC... you can get CPVC on black. I work with it all the time repairing swimming pools

Joey waid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't talking about abs, I was talking about CPVC... you can get CPVC on black. I work with it all the time repairing swimming pools
Yea cpvc is good, I was reading on abs and it's ok too. But most cpvc is 1/2 or 3/4 of a inch, not very big for hiding fish.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mr_Banana_Pants

Mr_Banana_Pants

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*UPDATE*
First casualty, lost my Kole Tang. He didn't look good this morning, but I was optimistic. Unfortunately Cole will be sorely missed. ='(
1482283079991.jpg

Joey waid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, did you dip them all? Did you get the copper all the way up to therapeutic level? If not there's more to come....

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your fish loss! As for pipe matls. CPVC is chlorinated pvc...chlorine is added to give it higher temp. resistance (up to 210*f) and broader chemical resistance, it is not good for cold apps. since it gets brittle. Costs more than PVC & no need to waste the extra loot for this use unless you have fittings laying around your garage. Neither will leach chemicals into tank. PolyEthylene pipe/tubing is black and safe for potable water use so its safe in tanks as well. ABS pipe/fittings are black as well and used in plumbing vent systems, drains, waste etc....not sure if used in potable applications. & as stated above, sched 80 PVC is gray in color if your fish are "put off" by bright white! :)

Last edited:

Joey waid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can get chloroquine phosphate off of eBay, next day that would help. It really works. You'll see a difference in 24 hrs.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can get chloroquine phosphate off of eBay, next day that would help. It really works. You'll see a difference in 24 hrs.

I wouldn't trust any CP except pharmaceutical grade. People using CP from ebay have experienced mixed results.

OP
OP
Mr_Banana_Pants

Mr_Banana_Pants

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, did you dip them all? Did you get the copper all the way up to therapeutic level? If not there's more to come....
I did not dip them all, the cow was the only one that looked seriously ill. I guess I was severely mistaken =( I dosed half of the total therapeutic dose. Was just following the directions, and was going to dose again to get to the proper level.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Joey waid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not dip them all, the cow was the only one that looked seriously ill. I guess I was severely mistaken =( I dosed half of the total therapeutic dose. Was just following the directions, and was going to dose again to get to the proper level.
With velvet you need to get it up fast. You can always dip now too, as long as they are acting good.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 32 50.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 7.9%
Back