*URGENT* Swim bladder Issue?!

Moonfruit777

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 26, 2016
Messages
173
Reaction score
231
Location
Germany, Bavaria
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody!

I'm very concerned about my Nemateleotris helfrichi. I have had him for about 8 months without any issues and a few days ago he started swimming around in a very strange manner with his tailfin raised up.

What does he have? My best guess is that it's something with his swimbladder.
What can I do about it? What could have caused it?

Here is a photo
1649109213023.png

And a video because it's kind of hard to tell what is going on.




I appreciate any help you guys can offer!
 
I treat my freshwater fish here for swim bladder all the time. We use canned peas and it seems to work perfectly fine. Cause by overeating to much eating, lack of oxygen so they gulp for air.

Id imagine the same rules apply. I quarantine fish and put them in a breeder net in a massive QT tank so they are basically in their own 5 gallon and feed canned peas over a week.
 
the pea, salt bath treatment and Epsom salt treatments do not work on saltwater fish and should not be used on them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new