Uronema marinum protocol

JohnPeck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Humblefish and @4FordFamily helped me through a case of uronema marinum. I originally lost 2 chromis and 2 two pygmy angels. But after 2 months of being in Copper and treating with Metronidazole, I'm glad to say my Sailfin tang and 2 other Chromis are looking very healthy and are doing well. Thank you for that. I have been trying to remove the copper with a water change and Cuprisorb but have found the Cuprosorb a slow process. My copper is down from a therapeutic level of 1.75 to a .3. I would like to now watch the fish for two weeks without any medication before moving to my display tank. I know from you guys a quarantine tank should not be right next to another but I learned that after I already set it up. I have a second quarantine tank with shrimp, hermit crabs and whatever snails didn't get eaten yet. I'm afraid that the uronema marinum could have jumped from the fish tank to the invert tank and I know it does not need a fish to host. My idea was to move all the inverts in with the 3 quarantined fish and watch everyone for 2 weeks. I figured if any uronema got transferred in with the invertebrates, it would show itself within those two weeks before everybody got moved to the display. A 50% water change should bring copper down to.15. There is no live rock in the quarantine. Just plastic plants and PVC and the hang on back Sponge Filter. What do you guys think of that protocol and is there any level of copper that would be safe with these inverts?

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not recommend placing any inverts into a tank that is registering any amount of copper.

Glad to hear your fish are doing better, good for you!

Back