Uronema or bite wound

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. Left for work with two healthy chromis and cam back to this guy being a jerk to everyone and sporting this.
E358A75F-81B4-4FAC-81DD-262BC4258572.jpeg

Considering this guys been harassing my valentini my first thought is it’s a bite from my little puff. But it also sorta looks like Uronema. What do you all think? There haven’t been any symptoms before this.

any and all input welcome. I’d hate to have to get ride of this fish. But my clowns and puffer have my heart. I got the chromis to be dither fish. So yeah.

javisaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had it? It looks like it might be Uronema. Chromis, in particular, can be a bit susceptible, so I would be extra cautious.

OP
OP
BeltedCoyote

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had it? It looks like it might be Uronema. Chromis, in particular, can be a bit susceptible, so I would be extra cautious.

I’ve had it for a week tomorrow. The other chromis looks perfectly healthy. And the clowns and valentini have no signs of anything, are eating like normal, and just seem annoyed that the chromis in question has been a bit of a Richard to them. The guy who has been really helpful and knowledgeable at my LFS told me to just monitor for now as chromis are prone to this. He said just monitor, worst case scenario I remove the fish and treat the tank, but he doesn’t think it should spread to my other fish.

I really need to get my DT set up so I have a true QT

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 41 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back