Use chloroquine phosphate for fish quarantine.

  • Thread starter Thread starter xzt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Excuse me for interrupting everyone—I would just like to report my latest experimental results.
I repurchased five juvenile Red Emperor Snapper (Lutjanus erythopterus) and subjected them to a 10‑day chloroquine phosphate bath (20 ppm). On day 11, I changed 20% of the water. During the entire experimental period, the ammonia nitrogen concentration in the water did rise somewhat, but not severely—it increased by about 0.15 ppm. I treated the ammonia nitrogen by adding Seachem AmGuard, without performing water changes. I also placed a Seachem ammonia monitor card to track toxic ammonia levels in the water. On the second day after the fish arrived, white spots appeared on the skin, but they disappeared by day 4 and did not recur over the following week. Throughout the bath experiment, one fish ate poorly, but the others fed well. Therefore, I believe that a 20 ppm chloroquine phosphate bath is relatively safe for this species.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new