Use of, Brightwell Aquatics Xport Bio and Xport NO3 filter media ?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

CriticalBill

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started using xport-no3 and will soon be adding xport bio to my fairly new tank. I am also starting to dose microbacter7 daily. I have been doing this for about 5 days now and my nitrite and nitrate are still much too high. My ammonia is 0. I have been cycling my tank it seems now for almost 2 months and am wondering what I'm doing wrong. It is a 66 gallon tank. Hopefully I start seeing some improvements in nutrient levels soon.
I'm excited about adding some more fish. I currently have 2 clowns, a starry blenny, a small CUC, and a handful of soft and LPS corals such as Zoas and Euphyllia. I haven't seen any losses in my corals, although a Miami hurricane might be a lost cause, but nothing seems like it's growing much. The frogspawn and 2 torches I have open up fairly well daily. The Zoas all are open as well.

I would love to hear from people that have successfully used brightwell's products. There are a lot of mixed reviews or no reviews on it.

zoas.JPG
frogspawn.JPG
torches.JPG

Kentech5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im definitely curious to hear more about xport. I saw them demoing it at the FFM and it looked cool.

CriticalBill

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1141.JPG
IMG_1131.JPG
IMG_1127.JPG
IMG_1134.JPG
IMG_1124.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_1141.JPG
IMG_1131.JPG
IMG_1127.JPG
IMG_1134.JPG
IMG_1124.JPG
IMG_1141.JPG
Xport Bio hasn't arrived yet but I've been using the xport NO3 for about 10 days now. Last night the nitrite and nitrate levels were almost undetectable for the first time. I'm currently using 150 grams for my 66 gallon RSM250. When the bio gets here I'm going to remove half of the NO3. I am also using Phosgaurd, Purigen, Red Sea reef carbon.
Most corals look happy except the Favia looks like it's dying and the trachophillia which I've been concerned about still isn't acting like it should. I'm going to finish the 2 week course of daily microbacter7 doses and then wait until coralline starts growing before adding any more fish.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, if you had elevated nitrite and nitrate on test kits, you may actually have only had nitrite because a little nitrite can show as a lot of nitrate with some test kits.

So just don't assume you actually had nitrate that went away quickly, as you may not have had any significant amount. :)

CriticalBill

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Point taken. Using Red Sea test kit if that makes a difference.
I'm just stoked to see a change. Even if it isn't because of my snake oil. I put it in there cause it makes me feel good.
Probably just my tank cycling. It's only about 2 months old now and the NO3/4 seems to have been stuck due to my lack of patience.

Back