Used 150

Charley75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got a great deal on a used 150. The tank was running b4 I bought it so I know it doesn’t leak. I wanted to have the tank resealed just due to damage to the silicone. The tank has a completely external overflow. I know this is considered an upgrade, but I don’t like the gap it’s going to create from the wall…..and plumbing access. Quote that I got….including reseal, replacing front pane of glass (going to put the existing front pane on the back to convert back to an internal overflow) …also includes custom made overflow box bottom drilled with (3) 1.5” holes.
All for $650. Is it worth it????

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got a great deal on a used 150. The tank was running b4 I bought it so I know it doesn’t leak. I wanted to have the tank resealed just due to damage to the silicone. The tank has a completely external overflow. I know this is considered an upgrade, but I don’t like the gap it’s going to create from the wall…..and plumbing access. Quote that I got….including reseal, replacing front pane of glass (going to put the existing front pane on the back to convert back to an internal overflow) …also includes custom made overflow box bottom drilled with (3) 1.5” holes.
All for $650. Is it worth it????
@Joe Glass Cages might have some good info on the subject.

(Sorry this isn't a sale opportunity Joe)

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Joe Glass Cages might have some good info on the subject.

(Sorry this isn't a sale opportunity Joe)
all good @Jekyl Thanks for tagging me.

used tanks are so tough. some can be perfect and some can require so much repair and attention. on a used tank you just dont know the tanks history. will resealing and replacing panels fix it. Nobody really knows. Wish I could offer up more but I just cant. Sorry.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 56 74.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back