• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

Used Pukani?

http://www.marcorocks.com/

Cv111

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew where I could buy used Pukani (or dry Pukani that was imported before the ban)? I'd rather clean it off, cure it and dry it myself than go with reefsaver or something similar. I'd at least like a bit of Pukani to work with. Maybe end up with a mixed tank of reefsaver and reclaimed Pukani. I've read about people getting it on eBay but I haven't seen anything for sale. Is there anywhere people have found it?

Best reef aquarium LED lighting

R&J Reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
I have about 150lbs of pukani from my tank I just broke down . Will be keeping some for a future tank , but possibly would consider selling some .

Fallenreef

View Badges
Reaction score
I had a big problem with leeching of phosphate with pukani rocks. I even cured the rocks for 8 weeks and it was still leeching phosphate. Be careful with that

BonelessEvil

View Badges
Reaction score
I had a big problem with leeching of phosphate with pukani rocks. I even cured the rocks for 8 weeks and it was still leeching phosphate. Be careful with that
Is that a typical problem? I too am thinking about using pukani rock, as it seems lighter and more porous than varieties made from Aragonite. Also, what was your phosphate levels at their highest, during this time? And can you attribute any deaths to the issue?

http://www.marcorocks.com/

What's the first thing you do when you see algae forming in your tank?

• Panic and freak out

Votes: 32 6.3%
  • Identify it as best you can

Votes: 152 29.7%
  • Test your water

Votes: 165 32.3%
  • Pull it out

Votes: 64 12.5%
  • Order more clean up crew

Votes: 50 9.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 48 9.4%