Used Pukani?

Cv111

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if anyone knew where I could buy used Pukani (or dry Pukani that was imported before the ban)? I'd rather clean it off, cure it and dry it myself than go with reefsaver or something similar. I'd at least like a bit of Pukani to work with. Maybe end up with a mixed tank of reefsaver and reclaimed Pukani. I've read about people getting it on eBay but I haven't seen anything for sale. Is there anywhere people have found it?

R&J Reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have about 150lbs of pukani from my tank I just broke down . Will be keeping some for a future tank , but possibly would consider selling some .

Fallenreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a big problem with leeching of phosphate with pukani rocks. I even cured the rocks for 8 weeks and it was still leeching phosphate. Be careful with that

BonelessEvil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a big problem with leeching of phosphate with pukani rocks. I even cured the rocks for 8 weeks and it was still leeching phosphate. Be careful with that
Is that a typical problem? I too am thinking about using pukani rock, as it seems lighter and more porous than varieties made from Aragonite. Also, what was your phosphate levels at their highest, during this time? And can you attribute any deaths to the issue?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back