Used RODI System Question

Hamsnacks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a used RODI system in a package I bought, and just had 2 questions about it?
My new one is on the way but figured I'd ask about this one.

1) What is all that brown stuff, is that normal? Does that means its dirty, do you clean that or do you replace the whole thing? Or is that part of the cleaning system.
2) I hooked it up to see how it all works, is it normal that it takes forever to make any clean water? At the current rate, it'll take a day to fill up a 32 gallon brute bin.

Thanks

Q3UXE8t.jpg

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm not sure on any of those questions but following along.....

Oh wait I do have onsite to your last question!!

Each system has a day per gallon that they make. The one I have on order only makes 75g a day So technically....that takes a long time hahahah

Geebs19

Give me all the Euphyllia
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are membrane housings, they catch partials. Those are extremely extremely dirty and should be cleaned, housing replaced. Does it have a tds meter and do you know what your water pressure is going in?

OP
OP
H

Hamsnacks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are membrane housings, they catch partials. Those are extremely extremely dirty and should be cleaned, housing replaced. Does it have a tds meter and do you know what your water pressure is going in?

No it doesn't have a tds meter and unfortantly don't know my water pressure either.
But based on you saying those membranes are extremely dirty, not even going to bother with the unit as it's probably just a waste of water. Going to wait for my unit to come in on Friday.

Geebs19

Give me all the Euphyllia
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it doesn't have a tds meter and unfortantly don't know my water pressure either.
But based on you saying those membranes are extremely dirty, not even going to bother with the unit as it's probably just a waste of water. Going to wait for my unit to come in on Friday.
I would say that is a good bet. Not worth making dirty water.

lavoisier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those 3 blue tipped canisters hold di resin that needs to be replaced. Dry goods outlets like BRS carry it. (https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/bulk...se-osmosis-filters/di-resin.html?scrollTo=599)

The long white canister lying horizontally hold the ro membrane. That may or may not have to be replaced but a tds meter will be helpful to you.

The 3 white canisters vertically hold sediment filters and carbon blocks. May or may not need to be replaced.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 128 59.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.3%
Back