Used splashless bleach to cure rock, is it ruined?

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let it dry in the sun for a couple days, put it in a bucket with an airstone and a large helping of dechlorinator for a few more days. Rinse, sun dry, repeat. It took 3 cycles of this to get my rock to not smell like a public pool
This sounds like a good one. Put it in fresh water and overdose the normal freshwater dechlorinator. This should do the trick. Good ones remove more than chlorine but metals and other staff too.

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your that worried about it throw it in some muraric acid and melt away the outer 1/8" of rock and everything that is bound to it. More effective than bleach alone anyways.

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh i didnt realize you had used splashless as well. Did you have any issues at the start of the tank with losing any live stock? And do you have corals or invert?
Corals, inverts, and fish. All were in the tank within 3 days of putting the "cleaned rock" in. I just kept rinsing, drying, declorinating over and over until the rocks didn't have a hint of that pool smell lol took about 2 weeks in total, but it must've worked because I haven't had any issues in the last couple months

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 26.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back