Using 4' x 2' DIY stand for 90 gallon

  • Thread starter Thread starter pluikens
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

pluikens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 11, 2017
Messages
1,107
Reaction score
702
Location
Minneapolis, MN
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I have a stand I built out of 2x4s with a 4' x 2' footprint for a 120. I'm seeing a lot of reef ready 90s on my local Craigslist so I'm thinking of using a 48" x 18" tank on the larger footprint stand. The stand is the one at the block wall in the picture. No brace on front. I want to put the tank against the back of the stand and have a small six inch ledge in front. The tank is just going to be used for coral grow out so I'm not concerned about losing the front to back depth. My plan is to put 1/2" CDX plywood sheathing across the whole top of the stand, cut out a section for the plumbing, and paint it white before putting the tank on top. Should I add a few more cross braces across the short way before putting the plywood on top? So I need thicker plywood? Thanks!
IMG_20180511_080827.jpeg
 
Deleted
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new