OP
Adamantium

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not sure what the real issue is here now because comparing the two, they are the same it seems.....
Possible you accidentally plugged the barrel connector of the ac switch into the power supply port of the duetto?
Something caused your controller to freak out if its not even running the original pump.

Silly question,
Have you tried power cycling the controller?
I haven’t adjusted the plugs since setting it up, so I don’t think I did that.

I power cycled it probably 50 times already, if not more haha I think it just crapped out on me after two years :/

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t adjusted the plugs since setting it up, so I don’t think I did that.

I power cycled it probably 50 times already, if not more haha I think it just crapped out on me after two years :/
I would actually get yourself the spectrapure ATO unit if you need a replacement.

My duetto hasnt had any issues yet but i plan to upgrade with my new build.

OP
OP
Adamantium

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What in the world is going on...

I left it on for a half hour, and when I came down it was beeping like it had overfilled (though the water level hadn’t changed, so it was never pumping). I then pressed the reset button and it started working, but only for like 5 seconds......

Now it’s just turning the pump on and off over and over again.

What the heck is this? lol

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hm....
So i know the duetto has a safety feature programmed.......

It only pumps as long as it was on the very first fill, then it beeps orange as a overfill safety.

Did you set up the avast pump correctly?
Some installs may need a check valve to keep it primed....it could be losing prime......

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The install instructions are on this page.

I think maybe, your pump is not holding prime since its now suspended above the reservoir.
And the duetto is timing out on overfill.

Unplug the duetto, install the pump so it holds a prime and then reinstall and let the pump fill atleast 1" in your return chamber.
Then next time it wont trigger an overfill alarm until it pumps longer than the initial fill when you plugged it in.

OP
OP
Adamantium

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The install instructions are on this page.

I think maybe, your pump is not holding prime since its now suspended above the reservoir.
And the duetto is timing out on overfill.

Unplug the duetto, install the pump so it holds a prime and then reinstall and let the pump fill atleast 1" in your return chamber.
Then next time it wont trigger an overfill alarm until it pumps longer than the initial fill when you plugged it in.
Appreciate the idea, but I don’t think that’s it. It’s not that the pump is having issues, it’s that the controller itself is turning on and off.

OP
OP
Adamantium

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like the light is On and off or blinking orange after attempting to pump?
The blue light spins while the pump is running, then goes back to solid blue for a few seconds, then start spinning and pumping again for a few seconds. Over and over.

I’m totally lost.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The blue light spins while the pump is running, then goes back to solid blue for a few seconds, then start spinning and pumping again for a few seconds. Over and over.

I’m totally lost.
Shoot an email to xpaqua they were helpful with my issue when my system was acting up.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm sorry to say this but I'm not sure Saltyreef understands your setup.

Can you hear the pump running at all when the water level drops? Are there any flashing indicator lights?

Provided that the pump does work (I assume you've tried plugging the pump, with its power supply, directly into a wall outlet to check the pump?), the pump is priming, and there is water in the reservoir, then it sounds like the problem is with the Duetto.

OP
OP
Adamantium

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Can you hear the pump running at all when the water level drops? Are there any flashing indicator lights?

Provided that the pump does work (I assume you've tried plugging the pump, with its power supply, directly into a wall outlet to check the pump?), the pump is priming, and there is water in the reservoir, then it sounds like the problem is with the Duetto.
It is without a doubt an issue with the Duetto. I just have no idea why. It’s just acting very wonky. And, of course, they’re offering a replacement sensor, but it’s $50, and I can get a Smart ATO Lite for $65...

Just not sure if that’ll work with the AC switch, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm sure you have your reasons but do you actually need the Avast pump?

To me it looks like a lot more things to go wrong. Will the supplied pump not work? You might have more options if you're not tied to the Avast pump.

OP
OP
Adamantium

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure you have your reasons but do you actually need the Avast pump?

To me it looks like a lot more things to go wrong. Will the supplied pump not work? You might have more options if you're not tied to the Avast pump.
Appreciate the idea, but the pump is almost certainly not the issue. The stock pump is having the same issue. It’s the brain, not the pump, that’s the issue.

And I am, only because I’m using it to produce DI water, not as an ATO. That’s a whole other story, though haha

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That wasn't really a fault finding question, but a suggestion as to how I would make it simpler in the future it it was me. If you bought a new, working, ATO (from any manufacturer), and used their supplied pump, you could get rid of the Avast pump, power supply and Smart socket.

Unless there is a particular need for the Avast pump (which I'm sure there is) then those items don't appear to bring much to the party to me.

OP
OP
Adamantium

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That wasn't really a fault finding question, but a suggestion as to how I would make it simpler in the future it it was me. If you bought a new, working, ATO (from any manufacturer), and used their supplied pump, you could get rid of the Avast pump, power supply and Smart socket.

Unless there is a particular need for the Avast pump (which I'm sure there is) then those items don't appear to bring much to the party to me.
Yup, there is. Like I said, it’s used to produce DI water.

I’m on a well, so I have to produce RO water, off gas the CO2, then pump it through the DI resin. That’s what I’m using this for.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sorry to say, I use the same system so I understand quite well how it works.

We were trying to figure out why the new pump and smart outlet he bought to modify the original system completely screwed his ATO controller up since it doesn't even work with the original pump anymore.

the original pump is a DC pump with a barrel connector.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

good thing this isnt your system or issue then :)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back