Using a filter sock with a HOB Filter

whoisthejman

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 30, 2024
Messages
22
Reaction score
42
Location
Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read that using a filter sock works wondrs for keeping the water crystal clear. However, what if I don't have a SUMP to use it in?

Is it possible to get the same results using a filter sock or something similar in my HOB filter? Has anybody here tried this before?
 
Sounds interesting, but im not sure how it would work since most filters have a spinning blade to break up any debris.
 
I use this in a HOB for my small frag observation tank.

Amazon product ASIN B0C2ZRX2YF
Just cut it with scissors to fit and be sure to place the “rough” side up, or in the direction that the water exits (fuzzy side where the flow enters, if that makes sense)
 
I use this in a HOB for my small frag observation tank.

Amazon product ASIN B0C2ZRX2YF
Just cut it with scissors to fit and be sure to place the “rough” side up, or in the direction that the water exits (fuzzy side where the flow enters, if that makes sense)
Thanks for this!

How often do you replace the media?
 
It will depend on how dirty the water is. The HOB I have is an AquaClear and I can tell when the flow starts reducing… at which point I’ll put a new pad in it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new