Using a Maxi for AWC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently run a Litermeter for my AWC. Considering switching to a Maxi to replace it.

All the documentation is around using float switches,etc.

Can I

1) Calibrate the Maxi pumps throughput
2) Setup Maxi pump A to pump 100mL of water (down the drain) 150 times a day on a timer
3) Setup Maxi pump B to pump 100mL of water (from storage into sump) 150 times a day on a timer (soon after #1 has finished each time - same schedule just 30 seconds later)

It's basically what the Litermeter does and the ATO (non Profilux) doesn't trigger as they are such small water changes. Can the above be easily achieved?

Are the Maxi's seen as a "dosing pump" (ie I can set a container size)? Can I set 2000L as a container size (so I can remotely check how much NSW is left in storage)?

Thanks

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1) yes you can calibrate the heads. You should when adjusting from speed 1 through speed 3, or when you first get it, and I would based on usage doing it on a schedule maintenance plan. I do mine every 6 months just quickly run the calibration again.

2) you can not enter 150 times the system will calculate the 150 times based on a start time from that time over 24 hours. (Like the below screen
9E444D05-BDC6-4289-ADDC-3ECF1D327661.png

3) can not set 30 seconds but 1 minute after yes.

4) You can set a virtual container size but not to that size. Ex 20,000ml

Hope this helps answer your questions :)

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1) yes you can calibrate the heads. You should when adjusting from speed 1 through speed 3, or when you first get it, and I would based on usage doing it on a schedule maintenance plan. I do mine every 6 months just quickly run the calibration again.

2) you can not enter 150 times the system will calculate the 150 times based on a start time from that time over 24 hours. (Like the below screen
9E444D05-BDC6-4289-ADDC-3ECF1D327661.png

3) can not set 30 seconds but 1 minute after yes.

4) You can set a virtual container size but not to that size. Ex 20,000ml

Hope this helps answer your questions :)
Any word on when they are increasing the virtual container size?

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any word on when they are increasing the virtual container size?
Next major update from what I guess. It’s been talked about allot and GHL said it will be increased. My guess is the update that will include ION director software should have it. The Ion is due to be released next month so in theory by then.

OP
OP
M

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @Ditto - seems it will do *almost* everything I want.

@Vinny@GHLUSA - any word if they are increasing the container size in the next release and if so will it be a massive increase (to say 2000L or maybe even more for larger systems than mine)? It would let me (and others) monitor how much water is left for an AWC, set alerts when we should get more, etc. Seems like a trivial change in terms of coding and memory usage.

@AZMSGT - I am going on a 6 month holiday with my family. We have a family member watching it and a trusted friend for anything "that isn't right". Having the ability to make sure my AWC doesn't empty out, be able to increase/decrease while on the road, etc all seem appealing.

With the current Litermeter I have no visibility remotely. It has worked flawlessly (expect when I accidentally changed the fresh water in pump from 11L/day to 1L/day - this meant an additional top off of 10L or RO/day. It didn't take long for salinity to drop and things to go pear shaped).

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @Ditto - seems it will do *almost* everything I want.

@Vinny@GHLUSA - any word if they are increasing the container size in the next release and if so will it be a massive increase (to say 2000L or maybe even more for larger systems than mine)? It would let me (and others) monitor how much water is left for an AWC, set alerts when we should get more, etc. Seems like a trivial change in terms of coding and memory usage.

@AZMSGT - I am going on a 6 month holiday with my family. We have a family member watching it and a trusted friend for anything "that isn't right". Having the ability to make sure my AWC doesn't empty out, be able to increase/decrease while on the road, etc all seem appealing.

With the current Litermeter I have no visibility remotely. It has worked flawlessly (expect when I accidentally changed the fresh water in pump from 11L/day to 1L/day - this meant an additional top off of 10L or RO/day. It didn't take long for salinity to drop and things to go pear shaped).
6 months is a long time!

I am a similar situation, but not gone as long. I use liter meter 3‘s for AWC, dosing kalk and 2 part, and ATO. I added a WiFi camera to watch my sump remotely. I also use 2 tube pressure switches for protection. I’m interested in seeing what you do.

OP
OP
M

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6 months is a long time!

I am a similar situation, but not gone as long. I use liter meter 3‘s for AWC, dosing kalk and 2 part, and ATO. I added a WiFi camera to watch my sump remotely. I also use 2 tube pressure switches for protection. I’m interested in seeing what you do.
Hey @dwest,

I have a P3 controlling 6 dosing heads so far and heater. Webcam is attached (but looks at sump and equipment, not tank).

The 2000L *should* last 6 months for AWC (fingers crossed - this is why it would be great if Profilux could monitor it).

2 x Ehiem auto feeders (each needs to be filled about every 30 days).

The RO makes itself into a 50L container using a Tunze 8555 - then I use the tunze ATO for top off from container to sump. Not sure what else I can do to prep really.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back