Using bleach to cure dry live rock. | Reef FAQs

  • Thread starter Thread starter randyBRS
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Joined
Dec 9, 2014
Messages
2,124
Reaction score
3,922
Location
Minneapolis, MN
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey R2R Family!

Are you enjoying the quick and basic Reef FAQs? We sure hope so, because more are on the way! :)

Today we add on to the live rock curing information with a quick Reef FAQs about three main points to bleach curing live rock with...
1) What is bleach curing?
2) When is it necessary?
3) How to bleach cure?

Enjoy!

 
Quick question

If I use a brute trash can for this, can I still use it as part of a saltwater mixing station afterward? Or would the bleach contaminate the trash can?
 
Quick question

If I use a brute trash can for this, can I still use it as part of a saltwater mixing station afterward? Or would the bleach contaminate the trash can?

I don't see why you couldn't. I would think you could treat it like the rock, let it gas off or use some declorinator.
 
I'm always curious how detrimental a tap soak is compared to RODI.
 
I am not sure why a week is recommended, it seems that after 24 hrs I have visibly cleaner rock. Whats the thinking behind a week?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new