Using cp with other medicines ...mainly oodinex esha ..?

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok friend of mine has a doctor fish ..got ich pretty bad ...its in QT...but they've been dosing oodinex esha .....I have some chloroquine phosphate they can use ...us it necessary too do a water change first or can they just start dosing cp ...they done a couple of fresh water dips over the last couple of days..but say nothing is coming off ...??..any advice ?
#reefsquad
#Humblefish

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump .!
received_514090472634762.jpeg

Last edited:

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I looked up oodinex esha and it appears to be a mix of malachite green and acriflavine. Both are products that are best used in a 60-90 minute bath rather than dosing in a QT.
Neither of those meds are reliable to treat ich to the point where they stop the cycle. CP is far superior.

I wouldn't mix the CP with the OE. Unknown how those would effect the tank and fish. I'd do some water changing. And run some carbon to remove the OE.

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I looked up oodinex esha and it appears to be a mix of malachite green and acriflavine. Both are products that are best used in a 60-90 minute bath rather than dosing in a QT.
Neither of those meds are reliable to treat ich to the point where they stop the cycle. CP is far superior.

I wouldn't mix the CP with the OE. Unknown how those would effect the tank and fish. I'd do some water changing. And run some carbon to remove the OE.
Thanks for the reply #Big_G

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately...we will see how these react together ...my friend did a 50% water change they have no activated carbon ...then dosed the cp(645gr in a 43ltr qt.filtration has been pulled out ) ...I had asked him too wait till I'd gotten an answer on here ...but you know people....a law unto themselves ....would raising the temp of the QT help in any way or should it be kept at 25 ° ...and if so what is the best temp ...?

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
645g/43l must be a typo?

If this fish was in the main tank, the rest of the tankmates also need to be treated.

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
15ml is 15gram is it not ..?

Of water, yes, but that's not relevant here. You stated the dosage as 645g of CP in 43l of water if I'm reading correctly. 645mg of CP in 43l of water would be within the CP dosage range which is why I thought it was a typo.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 167 73.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 39 17.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.2%
Back