Using KORDON AmQuel Plus for nitrate

Nazarite01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
Ive been hearing so many different opinions on this product and I wanted to write a new thread about it.
many new reefers as well as old reefers experience problems with nitrate. This product promises to help and fix this problem. I will use my reef tank as a test subject to prove or disprove this product and explain and answer any questions sent to benifit the reefing community. Of course there is nothing better than giving your reef tank due Diligence in its care. With that said there are times you are doing all these things and for some reason you continue to have problems or issues with nitrate, Which is my case.
I have a bare bottom 60 cube for the past 3 years and everything is good other than the Nitrate. I will be adding KORDON AmQuel Plus to see what happens.
I have read the problem many have experienced with this product. But as i said my aim is to learn what to do or not to do and to share the experience with everyone. So here we go.
The first thing i will do after adding KORDON AmQuel Plus is filter the water with a 5 micron sock to remove any free floting nitrate molecules in the water. I will send pictures.
Here is my tank before adding anything in it.
9290CA2E-5A35-4980-B9C6-E5D8425BDEDC.jpeg

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for doing this, I'm experiencing high nitrates and went the scrubber route.

I'm definitely interested in your results.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow your tank looks beautiful, why dose anything? High nitrates is relative. I would say your nitrates are perfect where they are, no need to risk that beauty.

OP
OP
Nazarite01

Nazarite01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with you all, but I hate that my SPS polyps don't extend. And that is part of the reef beauty. I will do it with care. I already received the Amquel but I'm waiting for the 5 micron sock to remove all floating nitrate molecules after application of the amquel. The socks arrive Sunday, and that will be the first day of my experiment. I have used a similar chemical in the past to remove phosphate and it worked amazingly. I am just doing the same with amquel. My theory is that other reefers who have used Amquel in the past did not remove the molecules from their tank with a 5 micron sock and eventually the nitrate molecules harmed some of their reef inhabitants. I really do hope everything goes well, like that many other reefer that read this post will be able to use this information and the product with no fear and will be able to control nitrate without the long process, or at least with some answers.

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think any water conditioner detoxifies nitrite or nitrate.

Attachments

• AmQuel+2.pdf
    112.8 KB · Views: 113
OP
OP
Nazarite01

Nazarite01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand your point.
Hence the experiment!!!!;)
This will hopefully will prove or disproof your statement Malcontent.
I will take readings and send photos of the Nitrate testing before and after the experiment. I will be using the Nitrate API tester. I also purchased a Nitrate Red Sea testers but tracking says it will get here on the 1st. will see.

OP
OP
Nazarite01

Nazarite01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Malcontent,
I really appreciated the ARG Letter you attached. My intent with this experiment is to exactly proof or disproof the effectiveness of the product. It will not be done with fancy equipment it will be done by nature itself. The result that i will be looking for is that my SPS extend their polyps. If this happens it will be my conclusion that Amquel removed the nitrate of the water or hides it (let the reader decides for themselves) to the point it allowed SPS to extend. I am really hopping it does.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back