Using non-GHL pH probes with the profilux

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2012
Messages
40,649
Reaction score
67,833
Location
Fontana, California
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So, I asked this question in another thread, but I got to thinking that maybe for others, it would be good to put the question in its own thread. So, could you other #GHLusers help me out? Can non-GHL probes be used with the Profilux? I'm thinking about using this one by American Marine. Could someone talk about what the differences are in probes and what I should be careful of in order to be sure the one I get will work? Thanks!

1.jpg
 
Haven't tried a probe, but I am using cerebra floats just fine, don't see why it wouldn't.
 
I have a profilux 3 and bought and use an eBay generic ph probe. Had to calibrate it with fresh buffers, but works great
 
This is an interesting post as I am sure I have seen in another post on here, someone running a real cheap pH probe brought on eBay in one port on the controller and the standard on the other port. There was no difference even after several months so it begs the question if we are paying too much for probes!
 
You can use most pH probes with BNC connection with ProfiLux, but with respect to reliability, stability, time between calibrations and lifetime, I have not found better pH electrodes than the GHL origin. and I have been using a lot of different pH electrodes in the past. Always remember - electrodes are perishable even if they are not in use. I bought 2 cheap E-bay electrodes a couple of years ago. One was in use for 2 years without any problem. When I had to replace it with the one I bought at the same time - it did not work at all - it was also too old.

Sincerely Lasse
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new