Using PAR meters?

Here’s another Amazon review from a reefer:

EDIT: this was a free sample review. There’s only 2 reviews from purchasers, one who says they’re shocked how accurate it is and the other that said it’s completely off. It’s Amazon though, so easy full refund returns.
I have been a Reef Aquarium Owner for over 30 Years and I already own an Apogee MQ-500 meter for measuring PAR in my Aquarium. This meter reading pretty much match my Apogee meters readings and has a better build quality than my MQ-500 which BTW costs more than double the price!

Honestly I am blown away by the quality of the sensor and the meter itself. Even the holding pole is very nice. I am not 100% sure how the anodized black metal will hold up long term with salt water but it really is nice to use.

My Radion LED lights are reading pretty close to what the Apogee reads and given the nature of PAR values, I never expected a 100% match. These meters use to be a pretty big investment, especially for a tool that you only use occasionally to get the lights setup and then check from time to time for dimming due to aging. This PPFD PAR meter makes this important task much more affordable.

https://a.co/d/4doE3m9
For $150 it seems like an easy buy.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new