Using profile 4 to Control Calcium Reactor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have just bought my first Calcium reactor (Tunze 3171) and have acquired the GHL solenoid and another PH probe to control CO2 inside the reactor. What would be the correct set of instructions to control the solenoid valve so that the PH inside the reactor stays between say 6,7 and 7,0?

Many thanks and Kind regards

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You set up the values at the probe probe (hysteresis, nominal value) then select a switched outlet and set it to be switch by the pH probe when the monitored parameter is INCREASING.

kodo28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have just bought my first Calcium reactor (Tunze 3171) and have acquired the GHL solenoid and another PH probe to control CO2 inside the reactor. What would be the correct set of instructions to control the solenoid valve so that the PH inside the reactor stays between say 6,7 and 7,0?
Many thanks and Kind regards

Set the nominal ph value on your probe and hysteresis. Example ph 6.5 and hysteresis of 0.2 maybe you will need to play with the numbers to find the best settings for your reactor.
Then you need to set the switch where you are going to plug the solenoid valve to function Ph2 and choose the functional parameter to > Decrease . (dose to decrease Ph)
Check on the GHL Official Forum there is info that you may find useful about Calcium Reactor ;)

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You set up the values at the probe probe (hysteresis, nominal value) then select a switched outlet and set it to be switch by the pH probe when the monitored parameter is INCREASING.

Should it not be DECREASING...?

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could be wrong, relying on memory here☹️ but it seems logical when the parameter begins to increase the P4 will activate the outlet to bring it back into range, but as I said I could have it the opposite way around [emoji51]

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could be wrong, relying on memory here☹️ but it seems logical when the parameter begins to increase the P4 will activate the outlet to bring it back into range, but as I said I could have it the opposite way around [emoji51]

I guess I will have to find out and let my corals tell me [emoji23]

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back